This is an incredibly easy recipe with very common ingredients including one that is a superfood! I find that the combination of cream cheese x coffee-soaked biscuit bits hit the spot for one of those late night writing shifts.
p.s. I ran out out of Marie biscuits so used some almost stale animal biscuits my daughter had fallen out of love with; worked like a charm and no wastage of food there!
Here are the ingredients.
- 200ml fresh cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- packet of tea biscuits (e.g. Marie biscuits)
- 1 cup coffee (black)
- 200g cream cheese
- Break up biscuits and then pour coffee over them
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to fresh cream and beat until soft peaks form (around 8 minutes)
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to cream cheese (melted– 50 seconds in microwave)
- layer mixture of 2 + 3 over biscuits
- Here’s your superfood– Dust some Raw Cocoa powder on top
- Refrigerate for around 30 – 60 minutes
This was really yummy and easy to make and would definitely be safe to bring to a party or potluck.
If you want to make it for the kids, I would use hot chocolate instead of coffee and perhaps Milo powder on top if Raw Cacao could be too bitter.